Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hey Hey Hey!!! My Camera-Eyes


Today, April 17th, guest lecture Dr. Pamela Fong came to Mr. Olson's biology class and explained about different structure of the Eyes. Different areas of the eyes have their own works.Onion Head

There are some imformation of the eyes structure:

Cornea---- out of the eyes structure, covering the eyes.

Iris---- The colord portion of the eyes, which is opens and closes the monitor amount of lights to get through the eyes.

Lens--- The clear disk to focuses light rays into images, usually Lens are to reflect things.

Retina--- The lining of the eye which contain light-sensitive cells.

Pupil--- is the opening into the center of the eyes.

After this, Dr.Fong showed us different people's the back of the eye balls, it's pretty amazing because they were Dr. Feng's eye balls! I was think about how they put a tiny camera behind of the eyes and captured the pictures, I had a great time to learn about how important of our eyes, If we lose our eyes, all things become chao and dark.

The Dissection:
The second part of the class, Mr. Olson said that we will have a exciting lab, WE HAVE TO CUT OFF THE SHEEP'S EYE! I was feel little scared because that is the first time that I cut off the eye, the skins were so hard because it's protect the inside of the eyes, when we cut off slightly of the eye, many black liquid came out,we saw the lens, sclera and other structure, it's a good experiences to learn about the Eyes, but after the lab, all of my partner are gone and they left the material.........I hope it will not happen in next time. :)

My Own Reflection:
I learned many things about the eyes, also it gives me a attetion to keep my eyes healthy, but i have a question, why we used sheep eyes but not another animal???
However, IT'S A WONDERFUL TIME TO GET EXPERIENCES AND KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR CAMERA.Onion Head

Link:Click me!!!!

No comments: